Saturday, August 9, 2014

The best pellets for your rabbit & New treat recipes!

Top 2 Best Pellets on the market for your bunny

1. Oxbow Timothy Hay Pellets

Oxbow is my personal favorite. It has no dust, and its a very high quality pellet. When you first open the bag, you can smell the fresh timothy. My rabbits love it. 

2. Small Pet Select Timothy Hay Pellets


The small pet select pellets are also a great quality pellet. Unfortunately, they are a bit dusty. I prefer the hay over the pellets, my rabbits would agree as they didn't like these pellets all too much. 

Both are great pellets. My rabbits prefer oxbow. But all bunnies are different so don't eliminate small pet select right away!


*New* Treat Recipes

Oat Ball Treats

Ingredients:

1-2 cups Fruit (whatever fruit you want) 
1/2 cup Fruit Juice or Water 
1 cup Oats
1 cup blended oats
I used blueberries, strawberries, banana, and 100% Cherry Juice in my smoothie. Be sure not to use any juice with corn syrup or any other added sugars as this can be dangerous for your bunnies health. 

First blend the fruit and juice/water in a blender. Next blend the 1 cup oats in a blender. I made a little batch of oat balls, so I only used 1/4 cup of the blended fruit but if your making more, just double the amounts. (I didn't waste the rest of the smoothie, I drank it :P)  Add the blended oats and the smoothie into a mixing bowl. Then add 1 cup of oats to the mixing bowl. Mix until everything is completely mixed. 

Smoothie, Oat Puree, Oats

The dough should look like this 


Roll the dough into little balls and cook on 250F for 15 minutes. Wait for them to cool until serving them to your bun! Enjoy! (**These treats usually get moldy after a week or two**)


Hay Bark

Ingredients: 
2 bananas
1 cup pellets
1 cup oats
1 baking sheet

First blend the 1 cup of pellets in a blender. Next, add the 1 cup oats and 1 cup blended pellets together in a mixing bowl. 


Next, mash 2 bananas in a separate bowl, and add them to the pellet/oat mixture.



Mix everything together. You might have to use your hands for this one haha! Now simply spread the batter out onto the baking sheet. 



You can sprinkle some extra oats on top if you would like. Put it in the oven on 250F for 20 minutes. Let it cool before braking it up into pieces. This treat is also somewhat healthy because bananas are the healthiest fruit for rabbits, it's got hay pellets, and oats. Although this is considered a treat, I think it makes a pretty healthy snack for any rabbit. 

Both treat recipes are my ideas. Please re post with credit. If you do use my recipes send me a picture of your bunny enjoying them. I would love to see how many happy buns love my treats! 



No comments:

Post a Comment